We have an outstanding record of attracting and placing highly suitable individuals to all business support and administration roles at the Bar. Our service is efficient and pro-active and we operate with the utmost discretion when dealing with clients and candidates alike. We run robust and fair recruitment processes, placing client and candidate needs at the heart of everything we do.
"I have worked with GRL since coming to the bar as a Chief Executive. They have undertaken most of our staff recruitment. They have been great to deal with and have a clear understanding of our business and its needs. Nick Rees in particular has a fantastic knowledge of the bar and the changes happening in the legal market. This is invaluable."Chief ExecutiveLeading chancery & commercial set
We rely on a highly developed network of legal and professional services sector contacts and fully support of the best use of technology in our business support recruitment processes – although we also appreciate the role of the human being and place equal emphasis on client and candidate care.
We are also experienced in the strategic realignment of staffing teams and have assisted some of the most well known barristers’ chambers through extensive programmes of recruitment and change, working in partnership with chambers and their administration and management teams.
Services for professional clients
- Search and advertised selection of all chambers support roles
- Strategic hires of key individuals
- Support and advice with creation of new and existing roles
- Extensive market knowledge and ‘real’ consultant experience
- Highly experienced across all chambers business functions: clerking, practice management, business development, marketing finance, administration and IT.
Services for candidates
- Detailed input into CVs and interview preparation
- Professional development services
- Professional training by in-house training team
- Professional advice for those wishing to cross sectors
- Confidential career management advice and support
- Personal development services
If circumstances suddenly change, we are able to assist organisations to fill vacancies swiftly. Depending on the assignment our consultant is able to get as close to the situation as is necessary, whilst remaining independent. Our consultants can manage staff/ teams, projects, deal with crises, transformations or simply ‘hold the fort’. This solution is detached from company politics or culture and will provide an unbiased view of current operations focused on the task at hand. Being an independent operator, we are able to contribute honestly without constituting a threat. Interim roles can also be a great way to trial the introduction of new management roles and identify new structures.
GRL was contacted by a newly appointed Head of Chambers in a leading multi-disciplinary Set. The individual acknowledged that to be best placed to meet the changes and challenges of their diverse markets and client base .