£60k plus benefits (including flexible/remote working)
Our client is a leading Barristers’ Chambers working across national and international markets. Members specialise in and are instructed in many of the most high-profile cases in each of its specialist areas of practice, criminal defence, family law, housing, immigration and public law. Chambers and its Members have a strong commitment to human rights, social justice and equality.
Chambers now seeks to appoint a highly suitable individual to the role of Senior Practice Manager to the Public Law and Social Welfare Team. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Clerking, this important role will head up a team of 3 clerks, managing the busy practices of around 50 members.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the team and individual members to develop business and further team objectives.
- Negotiating fees and finalising funding for cases including those cases funded privately, by legal aid, CFAs and costs budgeting.
- Undertaking members’ practice reviews, planning for the appropriate development of their practice and following up on actions from the reviews.
- At least 10 years of Clerking experience gained within a similar environment, including diary management, liaising with solicitors and court staff.
- Experience in practice development.
- Experience in negotiating case fees.
- Be committed to Chambers’ core values of equality, diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV to retained consultants GRL Legal LLP.
NB: Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 13th April 2022. Early applications are encouraged with initial interviews for suitable candidates taking place immediately
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity amongst its staff and members. We welcome applications from women, minority ethnic groups, people with disabilities and LGBT+ candidates as well as those from other groups which are underrepresented in the legal sector