Generous salary plus benefits
Our Client is a leading multi-disciplinary Barristers’ Chambers, based in Central London. With over 80 Barristers, including 15 Queen’s Counsel, Chambers’ practice areas include Commercial and Regulatory, Employment, Family, Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence and Crime.
Chambers is now recruiting a Second Junior Civil Clerk to work closely with other Practice Team Clerks and report directly to the Senior Clerk. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ civil clerking experience.
Working with the Senior Clerk and First Junior Clerk on the strategy for all practice areas, this role will ensure that the Junior Civil Clerks are included in team knowledge and provide training to increase and develop their knowledge moving forwards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily diary and practice management of the members of the civil teams ensuring the fair allocation of work to members and the choice of member appropriate for the instruction.
- Negotiating fees, calculating fees, recording fees for work done and processing fees as required.
- Management and running of the members diaries and practice and back up the Senior Clerk and First Junior with the QC’s.
- Assist the Senior Clerk and First Junior Clerk with the annual practice reviews both in the preparation and conducting of practice review meetings.
- Assist the Senior Clerk in the preparation of marketing strategy and business planning for the civil team and its implementation.
- 5 years’ plus civil clerking experience essential
- Experience of diary, practice management, and fees
- Experience of Business Development and Client Relationship Management
- Well-presented and articulate
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 25th September. Early applications are encouraged with initial interviews for suitable candidates taking place immediately.