Hybrid Working available – to £38k plus benefits
Our client is a leading Barristers Chambers based in Leeds and Newcastle providing first class services to a broad range of clients throughout the UK in commercial and personal legal cases.
GRL is delighted to be working with Chambers to secure a diligent and professional individual into a newly created role of Practice Manager. Working with and supporting the Practice Director for the PI/Clinical Negligence Neg Team and responsible for their own designated Team of members, suitable candidates will be highly organised, capable of managing competing deadlines and be able to quickly build positive relationships with members, clients and colleagues.
- Ensure the clerks’ room is considered “best in class”, offering a proactive, dynamic and efficient service
- Work collaboratively with the Practice Managers and the Practice Directors
- Support the Practice Directors with the coordination and development of the clerking team members
- Proactive and effective diary and fee management for members
- Identify and act on information to promote chambers and secure work
- Act as an ambassador for Chambers, network, build and maintain strong relationships with key clients
- Support the Practice Directors and Practice Managers with the delivery of marketing activities, including attending events
Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant experience gained in a Barristers’ Chambers or similar environment
- Proven record of establishing and maintaining meaningful relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen, client focus and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to train and develop others
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills
A salary in the region £35-£38k, plus benefits and hybrid working (currently 2 days a week in Chambers) is available and Chambers is happy to be flexible around working days.
To apply for this position, please forward a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, together with your CV to the exclusively retained consultants, GRL Legal.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 11th March 2022. Early applications are encouraged with initial interviews for suitable candidates taking place immediately.