Our client is a modern and progressive set of chambers whose Barristers specialise across three core practice areas: Civil, Chancery and Commercial Law. Members of Chambers provide advisory and drafting services, as well as representing clients in courts, tribunals, mediations and arbitrations across the UK and internationally.
Chambers now seeks a First Junior Clerk to join their friendly and progressive team, managing the busy practices of Chambers’ members and deputising for the Senior Clerk in his absence.
The First Junior Clerk will be expected to play a hands-on role in Chambers’ client management and marketing functions through an ongoing programme of business development initiatives. They will also provide leadership, training and development to more junior colleagues as well as deputising for the Senior Clerk in his absence.
The successful candidate will also work with members of Chambers in the continued development of their practices as well as promoting and upholding Chambers’ reputation to current and potential clients and contacts.
The person will have:
- over 7 years’ experience in a similar chambers environment
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- a strong team ethic, together with a focus on personal development
- a proactive approach and display initiative in generating and maintaining existing and new business
- have a demonstrable track record of taking an idea from inception to delivery
- a business mind and be commercially aware
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 26th November 2021. Early applications are encouraged, with initial interviews for suitable candidates taking place immediately