Competitive salary plus benefits
Our Client is a leading multi-disciplinary Barristers’ Chambers, based in Central London. With over 80 Barristers, including 15 Queen’s Counsel, Chambers’ practice areas include Commercial and Regulatory, Employment, Family, Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence and Crime.
Chambers is now seeking a Fees Clerk to strengthen its high performing Fees Team. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to confidently conduct effective dialogue with Members, as well as liaise efficiently with external clients.
Reporting to the Senior Fees Clerk, the post holder will ideally have a minimum of two years’ relevant experience and a strong understanding of both fees collection and billing processes. Proficient administration skills and high levels of motivation are essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing day to day support to the Senior Fees Clerk and Members across all aspects of Chambers’ fees activities including billing and collection of aged debt.
- Preparing fee notes / invoices in accordance with criteria set by relevant funding organisations.
- Negotiating with fee earners and / or cost draftsman as required, in order to determine Members’ fees.
- General administration, including dealing with queries by telephone and email around agreed reductions, amendments to fee notes, requests for bank details etc.
- Experience of working in a similar legal environment in a financial role.
- Motivated, proactive, and eager to learn.
- The ability to demonstrate a capacity to articulate information concisely.
- Capacity to work effectively in a pressured environment.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 25th September. Early applications are encouraged with initial interviews for suitable candidates taking place immediately.