£18,000 – £20,000
Our client is a leading set of Common Law Barristers’ Chambers based in Birmingham but with a national presence. Chambers, its members and staff are recognised for the quality of services they provide and for their commitment to clients and client service. Chambers is now seeking a suitable candidate for the role of Junior Clerk (Crime). This important, hands-on support role will suit someone seeking their first position in a fast-paced professional services environment.
Suitable candidates should ideally be educated to A Level standard or above and possess initiative and the willingness to work in a pressured environment. They need to be a strong team player, capable of working alongside colleagues and alone when required. They must be a strong communicator with a highly organised approach to everything they do.
Individuals will need to demonstrate an ability to perform in the following areas:
- Providing efficient support and assistance to more senior colleagues within the Criminal Team and beyond.
- Dealing effectively with enquiries by telephone and electronically.
- Efficient monitoring and distribution of emails, electronic papers, and correspondence.
- The efficient booking of cases and conferences on to Chambers’ case management system.
- Collating and distributing information, including uploading this to Chambers’ case management system.
- Checking Court lists and notifying members of chambers of their commitments.
- Any other office-related tasks that may be required
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 9th August 2022 – early applications are encouraged and initial interviews with suitable candidates will take place immediately.