Barristers’ Clerk – Business and Property Team (Manchester) – Leading National Chambers
Excellent opportunity to join this outstanding Team
c.£27,000-£30,000 + benefits (Neg)
Our client is one of the country’s leading Barristers’ Chambers with an outstanding reputation. With premises in Manchester, Leeds, and Birmingham, Chambers has over 120 Barristers including 20 QCs. Many members of Chambers are tier one ranked in the leading legal directories and are supported by clerking and staffing teams, who are also recognised for their commitment to outstanding client care.
Following a period of significant growth for the team, Chambers is now seeking a highly suitable individual to join its successful Business and Property Team in Manchester. Reporting to the Chief Clerk and working closely with colleagues, the role has shared responsibility for providing a first-class service to members and clients. As well as contributing to the day-to-day management of members’ practices, the role is also involved in the Team’s business development and marketing programmes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing direct support to more senior members of the Clerking Team.
- Assist with the management and development of members’ practices, including diary booking, negotiation, and effective work management.
- Assisting clients with queries, providing an efficient and proactive service.
- Supporting the delivery of Chambers Business Development initiatives.
- Overseeing and mentoring more junior colleagues.
- Working closely with the Senior Clerk, as required.
The person will have:
- A proven record of clerking in a similar role.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships both inside and outside the organisation’s planning and business development.
- The ability to organise their own workloads and commitments effectively.
- The skills to be able to influence others successfully and at multiple levels and quickly develop external relationships
- The ability to work as a team player and on their own, without supervision.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV, which clearly outlines your suitability for the role, to exclusively retained consultants, GRL Legal: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5 pm on 5th July. Early applications are encouraged with initial interviews for suitable candidates taking place immediately.