Circa £22k plus discretionary bonus and benefits
Our Client, a leading Barristers’ Chambers in central London, has a reputation for excellence. With 94 Members, including 34 QCs, Chambers is recognised in the leading legal directories as ‘leaders in the field’ in their key practice areas of planning and infrastructure, property, public environmental, and international law. Members act as both advisors and advocates in all aspects of their key practice areas, both domestically and internationally.
Chambers now seeks to recruit a highly suitable individual to the position of Junior Fees Clerk. Working under the day-to-day supervision of the Head of Finance, the Junior Fees Clerk is expected to provide financial, administrative and organisational support to the Finance Team, and assist in the provision of an efficient, professional, service to Chambers’ members and clients.
- Assisting members of the Finance Team with the chasing of private aged debt
- Assisting where necessary with legally aided aged debt
- Sending fee notes and invoices for all new work billed
- Entering payments on to LEX system and sending confirmation of receipt to the barristers
- Processing payments to online banking system
- Assisting with daily bank reconciliation when required
- General office administration
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including good spoken and written English
- Calm, patient and flexible approach to work in a very busy environment
- Good organisational skills to ensure all financial information is accurate and up to date
- Potential to develop, take on more senior responsibilities and handle financial processes in their entirety without supervision
- Good A-level qualifications (including an A*to C grade in Mathematics) and/or education to a degree standard.
The role is offered with a generous starter salary of £22k (with a discretionary bonus) plus benefits.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 16th October 2020, but early applications are encouraged with initial interviews for suitable candidates taking place immediately